Has anyone read The China Study?

Sunday, August 17, 2008



A reader of mine suggested that I would love this book. Apparently it goes into a lot of the actual science behind what is suggested in The Omnivore's Dilemma. As soon as I have given it a read, you can be sure that I'll be throwing around statistics, figures, and new ideas.

Interestingly, after recommending The Omnivore's Dilemma to a few people who are already serious foodies, I realized that it makes far more sense to recommend it to someone who doesn't think about what they eat.

Are there any other related books or magazines you guys would recommend? Think about who would benefit more, the foodies, or the non-foodies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver is amazing. I read it before Omnivore's Dilemma - actually I listened to it on tape (checked out from the library). It was so good that I also bought the book and the book on CD and have lent them out to friends!

Unknown said...

I was going to recommend the same book as above, which is wonderful, for foodies and everybody else

 
The Reluctant Eater - Design by Templates para novo blogger || Strawberry image courtesy of Darren Hester