Food Buzz: What the Foodies are Saying

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I just stumbled across the site foodbuzz where people submit posts and recipes, which are then voted up or down by readers so that the cream rises to the top.


For the full experience, I used foodbuzz to help me with breakfast, and settled on Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes, courtesy of Whole Grain Gourmet.



Generally I prefer thin pancakes, but with whole wheat you generally end up with a thick, dense stack that is a chore to finish by the end. These however, lived up to their billing, and were suprisingly fluffy, sweet, and generally fantastic. It's true, you can basically eat them without syrup. I added a little bit of Ela Family Farms Peach Butter here and there, which ends up tasting more like apricot than peach even though the only ingredients are peaches (?). I vastly prefer (and obsess about) their Peach/Apple, Peach/Pear, or Pear/Apple.

Take a look at foodbuzz, and if you sign up, befriend thereluctanteater!

0 comments:

 
The Reluctant Eater - Design by Templates para novo blogger || Strawberry image courtesy of Darren Hester