Make Your Own Granola

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My switch to eating local, whole, & organic foods has meant that I end up making things from scratch. Before I overhauled my eating habits, I would never have considered the possibility of making granola from scratch, but here I am with a giant container of this awaiting me for breakfast:



Honestly, this is far less difficult that in would appear. Basically you just melt some sugar in orange juice and honey on the stove, stir in some oats, almonds, walnuts, flax seed, vanilla, and oil. Then put it on a cookie sheet in the oven. When finished, stir in some cranberries.

Check out the recipe for Power Granola pictured above. I promise you, it's scrumptious. I made a double batch myself. The result wasn't as crunchy as most normal granola (in a good way), which I contributed to using only one cookie tray (resulting in a doubly thick layer while baking).

Give this a try for yourself, and post the results below.

0 comments:

 
The Reluctant Eater - Design by Templates para novo blogger || Strawberry image courtesy of Darren Hester