A Whirlwind Tour Through 8 Decades of Food Advice

Friday, October 31, 2008

Why You Shouldn't Entrust Your Eating Habits to the Media, the Government, or Food Science


Alongside 11 other fantastic presenters, The Reluctant Eater spoke at Ignite Boulder on Wednesday night. Ignite is a worldwide movement of people getting together to present and share ideas but with a twist: 20 slides, each advances automatically after 15 seconds.

My first public speaking gig in 11 years went off without a hitch, except, as you'll see, due to a technical glitch not all of the slides advance after 15 seconds. I spent so much time cutting down my speech that I wasn't prepared to have extra time, and there is a little bit of dead air! Enjoy - A Whirlwind Tour Through 8 Decades of Food Advice: Why You Shouldn't Entrust Your Eating Habits to the Media, the Government, or Food Science.


The other Ignite Boulder presentations can be found here. If you watch just one other, I'd recommend Michael Tseng, who talks about "The Perception of Possibility".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, especially with all the slide delays!

Vendor Hippo said...

Ryan,
You did an awesome job! Can't wait till the next one. Will you be doing more presentations?

Ryan Wanger said...

Thanks tom & daniel! There may be another Ignite Boulder in December, but I will be away. I'd love to do it again though, any suggestions for other venues/events?

 
The Reluctant Eater - Design by Templates para novo blogger || Strawberry image courtesy of Darren Hester